Surat Municipal Corporation
Goals of Surat Municipal CorporationThe Surat Municipal Corporation’s goal is to achieve heights in development in every aspect of its citizens’ lives and it is working hard to achieve this goal and is getting succeeded in it. The Surat Municipal Corporation is not going to stop its developmental measures until the city is excellently equipped with all the necessary facilities and all its citizens’ get better standards of living than the present standards.
The Surat Municipal Corporation is seeking peoples’ participation in the development since, there would be no use of what so ever the government does if there is no citizens’ co-operation in it. Their co-operation would enable the municipality to further develop and maintain all the facilities.
Services by Surat Municipal Corporation
- Continuous water supply
- Roads which are equipped to bear all seasons.
- Underground sewage facility
- Affordable health services to everyone irrespective of their financial status.
- Wastage removal system which would allow the useful waste to be recycled.
- Betterment of the standards of people in slums and providing accommodation to them.
- Emergency fire service.
- Recreation parks construction.
- Improving urban area and facilitating its growth.
Secondary Goals of Surat Municipal Corporation
- Growth in trade and commerce
- Developing higher education and research facilities
- Encouraging industries
- Developing health services
- Emphasis in sports and games
- Encouraging peoples’ participation in development
- Accommodation to cultural growth
- Encouraging the fields of entertainment and relaxation
Statutory Authority of the Surat Municipal CorporationThe following authorities are distributed according to the provision of the BPMC Act 1949 and Section 4:
General BoardAdhoc Committee:
Committee of Khadi
Committee of lectures
Committee for mayor’s fund
Social Welfare and recreation
Hospital and Health
Housing project and Garden
Light and Fire
Advisory Committee for Maskati Hospital
Standing Committee: This committee constitutes of Municipal Secretary and auditor. All divisional heads report to the municipal commissioner.
Centers of Surat Municipal Corporation
Here are the centers of Surat Municipal Corporation spread in various areas of the city:
Central Zone: S.M.C. Main Office, Muglisara, Surat
East Zone: East Zone Nr. Saifee Society, Opp. Panchwati Wadi, Lambe Hanuman Road, Surat
Phone: 2551363 / 2547750
West Zone: Tadwadi, New Rander Road, Surat
Phone: 2786181 / 3258315
North Zone: North Zone Municipal Shopping Centre, Gotala Wadi, Katargam, Surat
Phone: 2530518 / 2535100
South Zone: South Zone Udhna Main Road, Opp. Satyanagar Society, Udhna, Surat
Phone: 2277043 / 2278429