When: The annual sports event for a cause is schedules every February.
Categories of Races Conducted During Surat MarathonThere are total 8 races that are conducted that day:
- 25 Kms race for senior citizens, age limit: everyone above the age of 60 years.
- 1 Km Spirit of Surat Run, Especially for handicapped people, strictly on invitation only.
- 5 Kms Themed Costume Run. The theme would be announced at the later stage age limit: anyone above the age of 12.
- 5 Kms Surti Lala Masti Run, a fun run to symbolize the spirit of the city, age limit: anyone above the age of 12.
- 10 Kms run, age limit: anyone above the age of 18 from India and abroad.
- Corporate Relay, meant for the companies operating in Surat. A group of 10 people will participate and a total distance of 42.195b will be covered each runner will be running 4.21 Kms.
- 21.0975 Kms Half Marathon, age limit: anyone above the age of 18 from India and abroad.
- 42.195 Kms. The Marathon run, age limit: anyone above the age of 18 from India and abroad.
Prize Money for Winners of Surat MarathonThe total prize money including all categories is Rs.21,880,00. Apart from the cash prizes, participants are awarded with certificates and medals. Prize money is subjected under the Indian Taxation Law. Winners are required to produce a valid identity proof like Pan card in case they are Indians and if they are foreign nationals, they produce their valid passports. In case a runner wins two races, he becomes eligible for the running category prize only.
Registering for Surat MarathonPeople register online for Marathon events and you can register online as well. The race route and venue is marshaled and participants are expected to follow their instructions failing which will result in cancellation of your participants and no registration fees will be returned.
Surat Marathon: Running for a CauseSurat Marathon is organized for the cause of cancer awareness, literacy for all, clean and green Surat and for the CCTV Project for Surat Traffic. Citizens of Surat have an opportunity and raise funds for charity and NGOs registered with the organizers.
In case you wish to be part of the organizing team, you can well contribute in different areas like medical, parking, baggage hold, route management, race value, start and finish, water stops. If your candidature is selected as a volunteer you will be asked to sign a bond as well. Surat Marathon is organized for fun and for gracious contribution to society.